Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler Reportedly Suffered a Seizure
A little more light has been shed on what led to Aerosmith recently canceling the final four dates of their “Aero-Vederci Baby” tour in South American and Mexico. While it had been reported that a Steven Tyler medical issue was the cause of the cancellations, a new update from the Boston Globe states that the musician reportedly suffered a seizure.
According to the Globe’s report, a source close to the band says that the 69-year-old singer suffered a seizure after the band’s show in Sao Paulo, BrazilMonday (Sept. 25). It’s not clear what caused the seizure, but Tyler did reveal in his initial statement to the press that he had been advised by doctor’s to fly back to the U.S. and that it was not a life threatening condition. There has been no other statement from the band or any other members of the legendary Boston rock outfit since their initial comments.
“Steven is expected to make a full recovery,” Aerosmith said in a statement following the initial announcement that the dates were cancelled. “With proper rest and treatment he will be back on his feet soon rocking the world.”